Thursday, January 12, 2012
2011 - A BANNER YEAR FOR WORLD OF CHARITY STITCHING
1. 120 new members joined in 2011.
2. We delivered: 29 quilts, 49 therapy pillows, 37 wheelchair/walker bags, 66 totes, and 68 other hand made gift items and many purchased tote bag items to Century Care Center, Favor House, and Ronald McDonald House.
3. WOCS joined Facebook and started our own Blog.
4. Our quilt output was boosted considerably with Bonnie's acquisition of Nellie Belle, her long armed quilting machine.
5. Three designers allowed us to use some of their patterns. Ulia, from Italy, designed an original butterfly pattern just for WOCS, The Floss Box animals decorated children's totes, and Vee & Company's snow globes were a big hit.
6. Several generous businesses contributed to prizes for our giveaways, including The Fat Quarter Shop, Crazy Annie's Stitchin', Vee & Co Designs, Gingercake Designs, and Quilting Lodge.
A huge thank you to Bonnie, Dona, Carolyn, Elizabeth and her friend Wilma for doing a wonderful job of making the quilts, to Dona who manages our Facebook and blog, and to all members who contributed their many "talents and treasures", enabling WOCS to make all those terrific delivered items.
The future looks bright for the group in 2012, so let's all put our hearts and hands to work spreading even more cheer and love.
Peggy and Rachel, Co-Owners